The World is the Target Market; Arçelik is a Global Player
Arçelik sharpens its competitive edge with a brand-driven growth strategy
By capitalizing on its 24-years of R&D know-how, innovative force and technological competence, Arçelik A.Ş. introduces high value-added, innovative and environmentally-friendly products that stand out in the sector.
As a result of efforts in 2014, the Company introduced:
- 41dBa - quiet built-in oven in A -45% energy class
- A+++ (-10%) energy class dryer
- A+++ (-70%) energy class washing machine
- A+++ (-10%) energy class dishwasher
- A+++ (-30%) energy class no-frost refrigerator
- A+++ energy class upright deep freezer
Employing more than 1,000 R&D personnel at eight R&D centers in Turkey and having an R&D office in Taiwan, the Company develops innovative products that fulfill the expectations of consumers in different regions and add value to their lives.
To this end, the Company developed a distinctive refrigerator and washing machine for the Chinese market, a pizza oven for the Italian market and a refrigerator that runs on solar energy for South African provinces without electricity.
Some of the innovative technologies developed are as follows:
- Everfresh® technology, which keeps fruits and vegetables fresh for up to 30 days in a climate-controlled compartment at ideal temperatures and 90% humidity,
- AirDry Washer and Dryer technology that features a washing capacity of 9 kg and a drying capacity of 6 kg, and dries without the use of water,
- IonFresh technology, which prevents the release of unpleasant odors from dirty dishes placed in the dishwasher,
- The VUX interface, combining innovative competence with design, to control dishwasher, cooker, and range hood from a single center.
Defy, the leading manufacturer of white goods in South Africa, inaugurated a new side-by-side style refrigerator production line at its East London Cooling Devices Plant.
Accelerating its efforts to enter the Southeast Asian market, Arçelik A.Ş. started its refrigerator plant investment in Thailand to produce for the region.
Continuing strong and consistent growth
Despite a number of developments in the markets where it is active, Arçelik A.Ş. maintained strong and consistent growth, boosting its operational profitability.
In 2014, the Company grew by 13%, posting consolidated turnover of TL 12,514 million and net profits of TL 638 million. International markets accounted for 61% of total consolidated turnover.
Its market value increased 28% over the previous year and reached TL 10.14 billion as of the end of 2014. International investors showed great interest in the Company’s first Euro-bond issue, made in 2013. In 2014, the Company issued a EUR 350 million Eurobond, with a maturity of seven years.
Awards and achievements
- Arçelik: the most popular brand in Turkey’s Lovemarks Survey
- The Turkish Exporters Assembly’s awards for “R&D Leadership,” “Leadership in Technology Development” and “İnovaLİG-Innovation Strategy”
- Arçelik A.Ş. ranked in the BIST Sustainability Index, in recognition of its successful sustainability practices. Launched in 2014, the index features 15 firms.
- Arçelik A.Ş. placed in the 2014 Global A List: The CDP Climate Performance Leadership Index, with a performance score of A
2015 and beyond
Arçelik A.Ş. will continue to be the pioneer of change and innovation in 2015, its 60th anniversary year.
In line with its brand-driven growth strategy, the Company will increase its market share and strengthen its brands position in all of the markets in which it operates.
In line with its long-term goals, Arçelik A.Ş. supports its vision “Respects the Globe, Respected Globally” with a sustainable profitable growth strategy. Having defined brand, design, quality, technology, and innovation as the main pillars of the company strategy, Arçelik A.Ş. will continue to invest in these areas relentlessly. Using its competitive advantage, the Company will reach new consumers in new markets and will continue to expand its global footprint. With its strong and stable financial structure that promotes sustainable growth, Arçelik will continue to pursue new high-potential markets and business opportunities.
In the upcoming period, the Company will focus on maintaining its leadership in the Turkish market, boosting its strong position in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, and strengthening its presence in the Asia Pacific region through investments.
Through its market and customer-centric business model, Arçelik A.Ş. will continue to pioneer distinctive, value-added, innovative, and environmentally-friendly products and solutions that cater to the needs of consumers in different geographical regions.
The Company recognizes its employees as the greatest asset in its quest to set and achieve ambitious goals. Therefore, Arçelik A.Ş. continues to invest in human resources by improving the skills of its employees for the ultimate goal of maximizing the effectiveness of its global organization.