As the largest investment holding company in Turkey, we are regarded as the best proxy to invest in Turkey’s high growth potential.
Koç Holding and the Group’s 11 publicly traded companies represented 17% of total market capitalization on the Borsa İstanbul (BIST) as at the end of 2014.
Koç Holding strives to continuously increase shareholder value by implementing international best practices in corporate governance and investor relations.
In 2014, Koç Holding Investor Relations attended a total of 14 roadshows and conferences in Turkey and abroad and held over 600 meetings with current and potential investors. It organizes webcasts on a quarterly basis to announce financial results with the participation of high-level management.
In the awards given by the Turkish Investor Relations Association in 2014, Koç Holding ranked among the top three in the categories of “Annual Report of the Year,” “Best Communication of Financial Results,” and “Best Website of the Year.”
WHY KOÇ HOLDİNG?
Koç Holding’s Value Added for Investors
- The best proxy to invest in Turkey’s high growth potential on the BIST
- Turkey’s largest investment holding company
- Strategies focused on sustainable profitability and increasing shareholder value
- High growth potential with leading position in sectors with low penetration and advantages of economies of scale
- Distinct competitive advantages with strong brands, large distribution network and outstanding service quality
- Strong net cash position and solid balance sheet structure
- Superior and sustainable improvement of operating performance
- Portfolio structure resilient to economic volatility and risk
- Efficient risk and opportunity management supported by an extensive customer database as well as effective early warning systems
- High transparency with around 90% of its NAV in publicly listed companies
- 89 years of proven track record, built by proactive restructuring, M&As, privatizations, and domestic and international partnerships
- Continuous investments which enable the Company to remain a strong and competitive player globally
Koç Holding’s Added Value for its Group Companies
- Reliability, strong reputation and powerful brand management based on 89 years of experience
- Guidance in defining long-term strategies and exchange of best practices throughout the Group
- Strong balance sheet management, risk management systems and ability to access advantageous terms of financing
- Embracing universal standards of corporate governance, business practices, ethical principles, environmental policies and working conditions through the application of Group vision and objectives
- Broad distribution channels, comprehensive customer information and database facilitating effective CRM capabilities
- Benefits of economies of scale and effective resource management
- Performance management system focused on creating shareholder value
- Strong human resources systems
The growing interest of foreign institutional investors in Koç Holding shares has been a result of the high shareholder value the Company creates.
As a sign of the high shareholder value created by Koç Holding, it consistently trades with much lower discounts, even with premiums, to its capitalized NAV compared to other holding companies in Turkey.
In 2014, Koç Holding outperformed the BIST Holding Index as well as the BIST 30 Index. As of the end of 2014, while the BIST 30 Index and BIST Holding Index increased 29% and 24%, respectively, over the preceding year, Koç Holding’s market value rose 43%.
The share of foreign institutional investors in Koç Holding has increased steadily. Over the past five years, the share of foreign investors in Koç Holding’s free float rose to 80.9%, up from 55.9%. For the same period, the foreign share in the BIST’s free float fell to 63.8% from 67.2%.